Swanage Lodge is a detached house situated in a quiet residential area of Hayes. It provides residential care facility for six people suffering from mental health illness in a 24 hour supervised setting.
It is close to Uxbridge Road and within easy reach of local shops, churches, Post Office and other facilities.
Personal development services include help with:
- Domestic chores such as dusting, hoovering and mopping
- Paying bills and budgeting
- Correspondence and communications
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Bed making or changing bed linen
- Going to cultural and social activities
- Making and keeping appointments
The following are few of the activities/groups that take place at Swanage Lodge:
- Key worker - one to one sessions
- Art Group
- Current Affairs Group
- Cooking Session
- Gardening Group
- Open Discussion Group
- Community Access Group
- Women's/Men's Group
- Health and Beauty Sessions
- Gym Sessions
- Regular outings
There are other activities that are quite specific to the needs of the individuals.
There are 6 single bedrooms, which are tastefully decorated and well furnished. All the rooms have en-suite facilities. There are an additional bathroom and two toilets on the ground floor. The Home is registered with the Care Quality Commission as a care home for adults, both male and female (aged 18 to 65 years) with mental disorder (MD).
Type of Client
It provides high quality personal care and development services to:
- People with mental health problems
- People on community treatment order (CTO)
- People with a forensic history
- People with behavioural disorders
- People who are struggling through transition periods
Personal care services include assistance as required with:
- Washing and personal hygiene
- Oral care
- Continence care
- Getting up or going to bed.