Ivy Dene is a supported housing project for six adults with mental health problems. It is part of Parvy Homes Ltd, a private company specialising in providing a range of accommodation, care and support services from intensive residential to supported housing, designed to facilitate independence and integration in to the community. Residents are encouraged and supported to develop their life skills and step down into more independent living as part of their road to recovery.
- Is located in an ordinary residential area of Hayes close to shops and amenities and Hayes and Harlington train station and is accessible by all forms of transport.
- Within easy reach of Tesco superstore at Bulls bridge.
- Is a 20minute walk from the town centre or a short bus ride, with easy access to the M4 corridor into London, the M25 and Heathrow airport.
- Is within the catchment area of many GP’s and is within easy reach of Hillingdon Hospital.
Brief description of facilities:
Ivy Dene Tel: 020 8561 4827
Ivy Dene comprises of 6 fully furnished bedrooms (including a safe for secure storage of personal effects and medication).
2 shower/bathrooms and a large furnished lounge/kitchen diner.
The kitchen diner is fully equipped with dining table and chairs, pots and pans, cutlery and crockery, including utensils for the use of the residents.
Shared facilities include TV system with Sky and broadband, washing machine and drier. Easily accessible (adjacent to the kitchen) covered all weather smoking area.
Our aims and objectives:
- To enable residents to identify their needs and support them to meet those needs through the use of a needs based, structured support plan.
- To work in partnership with external agencies and address the full range of the resident’s needs.
- To support residents towards independence.
- To make opportunities available for residents to take responsibility for themselves and the environment they live in.
- To provide the residents with a safe, secure and well maintained accommodation.
- To actively encourage resident participation in devising their own support plan and service delivery and support them to make informed choices.
- To challenge the stigma associated with mental health problems by supporting residents back to normalisation.
At Ivy dene we combine housing with support services (housing related support) to empower people with mental health problems to live as independently as possible. Each client has their own room but shares communal living areas with other people that live in the house. Household chores are split so that communal areas are kept clean and experienced staff ensure everyone is involved and supported according to their abilities. The support provided is based on the recovery model and emphasises the road to recovery. Each client will have a named key worker who will in partnership with the client formulate a risk assessment and support plan based on the recovery model. This will be reviewed regularly and as and when needed.
- They must have a primary diagnosis of and be recovering from a mental health related problem.
- They must have been mentally stable for at least 3 months prior to the referral.
- They must be willing to engage with psychiatric and other community support services as deemed necessary by the relevant professionals and outlined in their support plan.
- They must be adults over the age of 18.
- Residents appropriately placed and able to manage independent living skills.
- Residents able to move on into more independent accommodation.
- Residents able to manage their mental health problems better.
- Providing value for money for purchasers.